We do the best we can to make ends meet. When our hearts are open, inspiration unfolds.
I call this Simply Collectible because I am looking to cherish every breath, every tear, every drop of rain, every bit of laughter and every morsel of life.
This isn't about me. It's about my son, Seth, and the therapies and education that will help him flourish!


7.12.2011

Uranus & Neptune- Solar System Series Free Crochet Pattern

 
If you feel lead to donate toward my son's therapies- for which I sell my goods and patterns- you may add a donation using the donation button on this blog page to the right. This support assists us in so many ways. Seth will soon be taking individual speech/language & occupational therapy.

Recently, he was in a private school which, through group therapy, supplied those needs for 4 hours a day, 5 days a week. We will be selecting from 2 different schools and continuing with individual therapy within this next semester as he busted out of that shell and is needing a lot more information.

Thank you for your support!

Gratefully, 
Celina


It's taking a little time to get this down, but I think it will be so cute, it's worth sharing. There just aren't that many things out there to crochet for boys. This will be good for any age.

Stuff them slightly so they don't roll very far. That will encourage babies to strengthen their core, back, arms, legs... as they are forced to reach for it. Also, they don't roll so far that you have to worry about chasing it under the sofa or other furniture. PLEASE make sure they cannot fit in to Baby's mouth.

Uranus & Neptune
  • These planets are essentially the same size.
  • I made them both differently and they did not turn out the same size. No biggie as these will be for my son to play with. If they were for a customer, I would be more exact and use exactly the same method for both with different blues.
  • Uranus took some time- 2 days- using only one strand, but appears tighter.
  • Neptune, using 2 strands, was finished in 30 minutes.
  • The actual patterns will be in bold.
  • Suggestions or instructions will be in italics.

You can decide which suits you and your project better. If I use more than one strand on any given planet, I will give my recommendations to modify the pattern to be worked with a single strand for each of those planets. The main difference is that tighter look and like I said, it may not be important depending on your project. For my project, my son wants it now and I want it finished now. In the future, I will probably make the tighter ones for most planets as I would love to see how it looks.

PLEASE share your photos with us, on my Facebook page, of your completed planets or tag me when you post it. This is going to be too cute!

Pick one of the following for uniformity or do them differently. The idea was to get them the same size, but ultimately, it doesn't matter that much when it is a toy. Abbreviations are in the first note on my Facebook page: Solar System Amigurumi- Starting Tips.

Materials:
Worsted Weight Yarn
F-hook
Yarn Needle
Stitch Marker or Scrap Yarn 

Work in the round using your stitch marker to mark the beginning of your row. The asterisk (*) means to repeat that grouping until given another instruction.

The Pattern for tighter stitches:

magic circle or chain (ch) 2
R1  sc6 into the circle or first ch
R2  sc2 in each st around
R3  *sc1, inc*
R4  *sc2, inc*
R5  *sc3, inc*
R6  *sc4, inc*
R7  *sc5, inc*
R8  *sc6, inc*
R9  *sc7, inc*
R10-17  sc around
(Now work backwards.)
R18  *sc7, dec*
R19  *sc6, dec*
R20  *sc5, dec*
R21  *sc4, dec*
R22  *sc3, dec*
R23  *sc2, dec*
R24  *sc1, dec*
Decrease around until you can slip stitch shut, fasten off & sew in the tail.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fast Method- Pattern using 2 strands of yarn:

Use an H-hook, hold 2 strands together.

magic circle or chain (ch) 2
R1  sc6
R2  sc2 in each st around
R3  *sc1, inc*
R4  *sc2, inc*
R5  *sc3, inc*
R6  *sc4, inc*
R7  *sc5, inc*
R8-11 sc around
R12  *sc5, dec*
R13  *sc4, dec*
R14  *sc3, dec*
R15  *sc2, dec*
R16  *sc1, dec*
Decrease around until you can slip stitch shut, fasten off & sew in the tail.

There it is!

Please share this pattern and continue the series as long as you like.

If you feel lead to donate toward my son's therapies- for which I sell my goods and patterns- you may add a donation using the donation button on this blog page to the right. This support assists us in so many ways. Seth will soon be taking individual speech/language & occupational therapy.

Thank you for your support!

   

No comments: