We do the best we can to make ends meet. When our hearts are open, inspiration unfolds.
I call this Simply Collectible because I am looking to cherish every breath, every tear, every drop of rain, every bit of laughter and every morsel of life.
This isn't about me. It's about my son, Seth, and the therapies and education that will help him flourish!


1.10.2011

Work, Work, Work

My sweet Seth. He is such a joy! 

It seems we are getting closer and closer to getting him in to Capitol School. These are low-ratio classrooms taught by Speech Pathologists. Seth exhibits classic Asperger's symptoms and he is so ready for school. We visited Capitol School back in October and he has consistently asked about them, specifically. They are such a caring, compassionate group of people that really care about their families.

We haven't had Seth diagnosed because it costs hundreds of dollars and we are more concerned with getting his education underway. In 2 to 3 weeks, we are attending an evaluation for Occupational Therapy and Speech- almost $500. Yikes! That is just the evaluation. The sessions are $110/hr for an average of 2 hours a week. It is required that he be evaluated for services in order to be fully accepted in to Capitol School. (They are not tolerant of outbursts.)

So, today, I plug away. Work, work, work. Yes, I am home with Seth and there isn't a single place I would rather be! I am working on a crochet pattern for an alien today which he said needed to be red. We drew it out on paper and he just smiled! I sell my patterns on Etsy and make amigurumi critters and custom items. The patterns for the original items are posted for sale with pictures of the finished items. I typically make a second or third item to proof the pattern and place it for sale. 

Every penny, from the sales, goes to pay for Seth's therapies and school. I need a lot of pennies.

No comments: