We do the best we can to make ends meet. When our hearts are open, inspiration unfolds.
I call this Simply Collectible because I am looking to cherish every breath, every tear, every drop of rain, every bit of laughter and every morsel of life.
This isn't about me. It's about my son, Seth, and the therapies and education that will help him flourish!


1.11.2011

Commissioned Recreations and Crochet Patterns

In order to fund Seth's therapies, I've had to be creative- no pun intended, I assure you. I've tried many avenues and this is what has worked so far. I've been recreating lovable characters that have touched our hearts over the years. They are not licensed products. I've been selling my original amigurumi patterns online and have made extra critters during the pattern proofing process. There are so many ways to modify a pattern as crochet is extremely flexible.



Hello Kitty inspired Amigurumi

 She is such a classic amongst young girls and women alike. Hello Kitty represents so many different things to different people that I had to reproduce her.

I call her Teeny Kitty because she is not stocky like Hello Kitty and stands only 4 inches tall. I make a Teeny Cheerleader Kitty that stands 3-3/4  inches doing the splits. Perhaps tomorrow I can post her or you can go to my Facebook page.

This Kitty Amigurumi Pattern is sent out with modifications for all skirt designs and even a cape for a Teeny Superhero Kitty. Oh, no, I haven't added the cape yet, but will.




This is Teeny Ballerina



And now, back to work on a commissioned Pom-Pom Beanie. I will definitely get pictures of that and post the pattern. I am working on an Amigurumi Alien, but can't figure out where to start the head so I am walking away from it for a day or so.

No comments: